Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amir Khan Ready To Please Home Crowd

WBA light-welterweight champion Amir Khan is confident of successfully defending his title and ending his Ukrainian challenger Dimitry Salita’s unbeaten record in their December contest at Newcastle.

The bout will be at Newcastle Arena on the 5th of December and is Khan’s first defence of the belt that he claimed against another Ukrianian, Andreas Kotelnik in Manchester in July.

“I’ve spotted a lot of things that I can work on to beat him, he’s undefeated, but he’s not faced Amir Khan yet. I know what to do.” Khan told BBC Newcastle ahead of his big fight.

“I’m even more serious now. Being the world champion I want to keep hold of the championship, I don’t want to be a one-fight world champion, I want to keep hold of the world title and go all the way.

“It’s going to be tough, but that’s boxing for you. You have to fight the best fighters out there and Salita is one of them who wants to fight for my title and win my world title, and I’m not going to let him do that.

“If I see a knockout, I’m going to go for it. If I know he’s hurt or he’s backing off I’m going to turn the heat on and I’m going to take him out.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment